About to have a minor operation on your toenail(s) and not sure what to expect? Let us put your mind at ease and reassure you that you’re in great hands!
You will be given a local anaesthetic in your toe. Once it has taken full effect you will no longer feel pain but you will feel the podiatrist touching and moving your toe. You should eat normally beforehand but avoid alcohol for the previous twenty-four hours.
NAIL SURGERY IS USED WHEN A NAIL...
- Requires removal - for example, an ingrown toenail
- Fails palliative care - blackened, dystrophic
- Is chronic - recurrently troublesome
- Is fungal - chronically infected
- Causes pain and discomfort
MINOR SURGICAL PROCEDURES...
- Neurovascular corns
- Spiketomy of toe nail
- Subungal corns
- Curettage of warts